What is a cookie?
A browser cookie is a small piece of data that is stored on your device to help websites and mobile apps remember things about you. Other technologies, including web storage and identifiers associated with your device, may be used for similar purposes. In this policy, we use the term "cookies” to discuss all of these technologies.
What kinds of cookies are used by WCO?
Different kinds of cookies are used on our websites (www.wcotradetools.org or www.wcoomdpublications.org) and in its apps. The use of the type of cookies may vary. Moreover, a cookie may have multiple purposes.
- Necessary cookies: these cookies are indispensable for visiting our websites and apps and using certain parts of the websites. For instance, they allow you ensure a common identification across services of the WCO connected to the WCO IAM. These cookies are needed to check your identity in a secure way before you are granted access to your personal data.
- Functional cookies: functional cookies are cookies that make it easier for our websites and apps to work and provide you with an enhanced user experience.
- Analysis cookies: we use analysis cookies to obtain information about visitors' use of our websites and apps (the pages visited, the average number of pages visited, the average duration of visit, …). We cannot track individual users with these cookies. The purpose is only to improve the user experience of our websites, adapt them to the use of visitors, and make them more user-friendly.
How do I control my cookies?
Most browsers allow you to control cookies through their settings preferences. However, if you limit the given ability for websites to set cookies, you may worsen your overall user experience since it will no longer be personalized to you. It may also stop you from saving customized settings like login information. On some specific occasions it may also prevent you from accessing some information from the applications of the WCO.
Most likely, disabling cookies will make you unable to use authentication and authorization functionalities offered by WCO.
What are the cookies used?
- JSESSIONID : To keep your session data in order to give you a good user experience. / Session
- MSGnnnnnnnnnn : To keep some messages that are shown to you in order to give you a good user experience. The “nnnnnnnnnn” reference in this cookie represents a random number e.g. MSG324935932. / Session
- RequestedURI : The URI you are accessing. / Session
- Current-breadcrumb : To keep your active page in session in order to give you a good user experience. / Session
- Analytics : To analyse activities of our users. Only aggregated data are kept. / Visit
- Cookie related to your selection of language / Session